PHOENIX INSURANCE FRAUD LAWYER
Insurance fraud cases happen whenever information regarding insurance claims, premiums, or applications is falsified or omitted. Insurance fraud also happens if someone makes multiple insurance claims for the same injury or if someone deliberately causes a traffic collision with the intent of making and collecting an auto insurance claim. Any crime committed with the final goal of defrauding an insurance company constitutes insurance fraud. In the greater Phoenix area, if you’re charged with car insurance fraud, health care fraud, or any other insurance-related fraud crime, immediately contact an experienced Phoenix insurance fraud lawyer with the law firm of AZ Criminal Defense Group, PLLC. AZ Criminal Defense Group routinely represents those accused of white-collar crimes including auto insurance fraud and health insurance fraud.
INSURANCE FRAUD CHARGES AND PENALTIES
Arizona recognizes five degrees of insurance fraud, summarized here along with the potential penalties upon conviction:
- First-degree fraud: An insurance fraud for $1,000,000 or more is a Class B felony punishable by up to 25 years in prison.
- Second-degree fraud: An insurance fraud for $50,000 to $1,000,000 is a Class C felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
- Third-degree fraud: An insurance fraud for $3,000 to $50,000 is a Class D felony punishable by up to 7 years in prison.
- Fourth-degree fraud: An insurance fraud for $1,000 to $3,000 is a Class E felony and is punishable by up to 4 years in prison.
- Fifth-degree fraud: An insurance fraud for less than $1,000 is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.
LET US WORK FOR YOU
If you or someone you love has been accused of insurance scams in the Phoenix area, you must hire an experienced Phoenix insurance fraud lawyer. A criminal defense lawyer with the Phoenix law firm of AZ Criminal Defense Group is the defense attorney you need. AZ Criminal Defense Group, PLLC offers a free consultation to all new and prospective clients. A defense attorney can review the details of your case and explain your legal rights and options. If you are charged with insurance fraud anywhere in Arizona, contact an experienced Phoenix insurance fraud lawyer with AZ Criminal Defense Group by calling (602) 666-0050 as quickly as possible.